Wandsworth Artists' Open House takes place over the first two weekends of October. If you're still wondering whether you should visit, read on.
1. There are around 100 venues taking part. That's a pretty big number and you are sure to find something you like whether it's painting, prints, jewellery, ceramics, glassware, photography and so on..
2. You get to meet the artists and makers in person. What could be nicer than talking to them about their inspiration, techniques and the story behind a piece of art. Much more personal than buying something mass-produced.
3. Seeing art within the context of someone's home helps you to envisage that piece in your own home. It's also interesting seeing the inside of artists' homes and studios in their own right.
4. There are prices to suit all pockets, from £2 art cards to substantial works costing thousands. Many artists hold studio sales during Artists' Open House so you could grab yourself a bargain!
5. Artists' Open House is a more relaxed affair than an art fair or gallery. There aren't any gallery owners trying to sell you something. You will probably be offered something to eat and drink while you browse. And you might discover an artist living right up your street.
So that's it. Plenty of reasons to visit Wandsworth Artists' Open House this October. We look forward to welcoming you into our homes and studios.